i apologise for missing caturday yesterday... *grimace* i had every intention of blogging, but my day turned into a jam-packed frenzy of:
- watching rugby
- getting my heart broken while watching rugby (don't laugh, it's a thing!)
- spending three hours in an office full of funny people subbing newspaper articles and making grammatical and design changes to pages on a computer that decided (at the last minute!) to pack up and leave me in the lurch (don't laugh, it's another thing)
- rushing off to band practice
- having band practice
- rushing off to soundcheck
- having soundcheck
- getting back up the hill and spending some time with my guy
- walking back down the hill to get some food before our gig
- waiting FOREVER at Debonairs
- finally getting my food
- sitting on the floor at Oldies and eating pizza that was practically dripping with cheese while being chastised by friends for eating dairy before singing (ha!)
- playing our gig at Battle of the Acoustics
- winning Battle of the Acoustics
- getting victory ice cream with Natalie, Cathy, Niamh and their other nice friend whose name i don't know (oops) EDITED TO ADD: ATHINA! their friend's name is Athina and she's lovely :)
- walking back up the hill
- spending a little time with Chris, and...
- heading back to res and falling into bed for some serious sleep.
ANYWAY, since The Bad Hands (my band, yo) won Battle of the Acoustics (! very excited !) i decided to go with a band theme for this weekend's caturday. ohmygoodness. hold onto your hats... this is gonna get funny ;)
firstly, crazy Debbie's cat-band... because yes.
then there are these guys...
and these 'uns...
...who both have more detailed stage set-ups than the Bad Hands ever do, hee ;) (also, purple with stars? interesting theme there...)
then, of course, we have the indie-band, with lead singer Cat Somebody rocking that hipster scarf...
...and then these guys, who basically RULE. i would SO join their band if they asked me to!
also, a maracca-party cat band. who would not want these cool cats entertaining their party people? amiright?
and FINALLY, explodingdog's Sam takes the cake with this one:
...except cats totally are friend replacements ;) that's all.
now goodnight everybody, and i'll hopefully blog again super soon!!