Thursday, November 6, 2008

lightbulbs

Nancy Face wanted to see my pretty hoodie... and since she's one of 5 people who've ever commented on my blog, as well as the most frequent comment-leaver, i thort i'd oblige her :) (oh, and she's awesome, too... but you knew that, right?)

it was a fateful day when i discovered this hoodie, i must tell you. i can't even remember how i found Zambooie, but find it i did. and then i somehow discovered the Relient K merch. and i was browsing through, quite leisure-like, when suddenly, my mouth dropped open. 

i had seen The Hoodie

*cue Hallelujah Chorus*

it took me a while to recover from slack-jaw-itis, but when i did, i kind-of screeched. and continued to gape. for a very long time. then i sighed, saved the picture in my "Things I Want But Will Never Entertain Thoughts Of Getting" file, and went away to mourn quietly.

a week later, an email arrived in my very own inbox. (that in itself was pretty impressive.) it was from my auntie Kymmie! i was rapturous. my aunt Kymmie is The Best. so i opened it and began reading. after the preliminary greetings passed, she wrote, "I am going to be sending some things for Sindi [for her Matric Dance] and was wondering if you're looking for something specific [that I could get you]...  So maybe a favorite hoodie or jersey of yours could use replacing..?" 

 i didn't read any further for a while. instead, my mind was on a constant replay of a certain jacket covered in lightbulbs. what to do? i didn't want to sound greedy... but i wanted that hoodie. a few days later, i sent my dear aunt a diplomatic (i like to think) email,  in which i told her of my desperate plea. and guess what? she got it for me! it was packaged beautifully, along with a baby blue Deon-style To Write Love On Her Arms hoodie tee that she picked out especially for me.


on the 22nd of March 2008, i became the proud owner of my Relient K Lightbulbs hoodie. it has been nearly 7 months... and i don't love it any less :)


THANK YOU, AUNTIE KYMMIE!

15 comments:

Nancy Face said...

That is the CUTEST! And I totally heard the chorus singing! ;)

Nancy Face said...

I see my name in print! ;)

lexidoodleellis said...

awww

thats cool.

i love both of those hoodies.

everyone seems to have the rk blubs one...

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I lovvvvve the hoodie! You are so cute! I love relient k too!!!

Chell said...

Too cute!! It looks awesome on you!! :)

Hannahkin said...

THANK YOU!!

B.B. said...

So I kinda stumbled across your blog :)

I happen to be a huge fan of Chucks myself and am slightly ashamed to admit that I have a rainbows worth of colors.

B

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Are you happier today? E-mail me...I was worried about you.

Hannahkin said...

B! thank you for not thinking i am a weird stalker person. i am jealous of you for having so many pretty chucks and am thinking envious thoughts. *sigh* :)

Lar the Star! i sented you an email :) hugs for being worried, I love you!

Lauren said...

I.....Love.....That....Hoodie!!!!!!


And Relient K!

Hannahkin said...

Sunbum: YAY! i love you for loving my hoodie and Relient K :) and for leaving a comment, of course... ;)

Chell said...

You wont believe this, but I was watching 7de laan and there was a guy wearing this shirt!!!! The one about "love on her arms!!"

Lauren said...

Oh, you're welcome!!! I really like your Blog, it's pretty awesome!



I just love that hoodie!!!

Lauren said...

I think Matt is adorable, I know a dude that looks a lot like him also!

Hannahkin said...

Chell: no WAY??! who was wearing it? that's so awesome :) i don't watch enough 7de Laan :P

Sunbum: NO FAIR! i think Matty Son is adorable, too :)